NVIDIA is expected to launch its new flagship GeForce RTX 3090 Ti graphics card at CES 2022 in just a couple of weeks time, and we’re already seeing custom RTX 3090 Ti graphics card in the wild.
VIEW GALLERY – 2 IMAGES
The new custom ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 Ti TUF Gaming graphics card has been spotted, with the folks at ITHome teased our first look at the ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 Ti TUF Gaming graphics card — well, at least the box — and on the box we can see that it seems there’s no PCIe 5.0 support.
In previous rumors we heard PCIe 5.0 support would be featured on NVIDIA’s new beefed-up GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, which will have the same 24GB of GDDR6X memory that the GeForce RTX 3090 has — but it will be new single-sided GDDR6X, which should radically reduce the GDDR6X temperatures on the backplate of the RTX 3090 Ti.
- Read more: NVIDIA’s beefed-up GeForce RTX 3090 Ti launching on January 27, 2022
- Read more: NVIDIA confirms CES 2022 presser: Jan 4, 2022 – RTX 3090 Ti unveiling?
- Read more: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti: Q1 2022 release, uses 450W power
- Read more: GeForce RTX 3090 Ti: single-sided GDDR6X, new power plug, 450W TDP
- Read more: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 SUPER series specs teased, 24GB on 3090 SUPER
- Read more: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 SUPER rumors: 10752 CUDA cores and 400W+ power
What we might see: NVIDIA using PCIe 5.0 support on its in-house GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition graphics card, like it did with the flashy 12-pin PCIe connector on its GeForce RTX 30 series Founders Edition GPUs. NVIDIA might use PCIe 5.0 exclusively on its GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition, while AIB partners can use the faster RTX 3090 Ti… sans PCIe 5.0 support.
But what will PCIe 5.0 do on the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition that the custom RTX 3090 Ti cards won’t do with PCIe 4.0? Well, NVIDIA will have a single PCIe 5.0 power connector on its card which will make it nice and sleek, while custom RTX 3090 Ti cards are going to feature 2-3 x 8-pin PCIe power connectors (which is no different to custom RTX 3080, RTX 3080 Ti, and RTX 3090 graphics cards).
- Read more: NVIDIA’s next-gen GeForce RTX 4090 predicted to cost $2999
- Read more: AMD’s next-gen Radeon RX 7900 XT: new Navi 31 GPU, battles RTX 4090
- Read more: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 leaks: beast GPU, 100%+ faster than RTX 3090
- Read more: NVIDIA teases Ampere Next GPU for 2022, Ampere Next Next GPU for 2024
- Read more: This is what the next-gen 12-pin PCIe 5.0 power connector looks like
- Read more: ASUS intros ROG Thor 1600W PSU: has PCIe 5.0 ready power connectors